20 Temmuz 2019 Cumartesi

“The leaves were still on the trees, but were becoming dry, perched like birds ready to fly off.” ― Buchi Emecheta

                                       http://africanaliterati.com/2017/01/27/memory-buchi-emecheta/

Buchi Emecheta, in full Florence Onyebuchi Emecheta, (born July 21, 1944, Lagos, Nigeria—died January 25, 2017, London, England), Igbo writer whose novels deal largely with the difficult and unequal role of women in both immigrant and African societies and explore the tension between tradition and modernity.
for more pls check: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Buchi-Emecheta

“1975 was International Women's Year. I had never heard the word 'feminism' before then. I was writing my books from the experiences of my own life and from watching and studying the lives of those around me in general. I did not know that writing the way I was, was putting me into a special category. I had the first inkling of it on 28 June 1975 when the International Women's League invited me to give a speech.” 
― Buchi Emecheta, Head Above Water

            A Tribute to Buchi Emecheta by her 1st son, Sylvester Onwordi & a Dirge by Prof Akachi Ezeigbo

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

"La poesia appartiene a chi ne ha bisogno, non a chi la scrive." - Il Postino (1994) #worldpoetryday

  Ode to the sea Here surrounding the island, There΄s sea. But what sea? It΄s always overflowing. Says yes, Then no, Then no again, And no, ...