5 Nisan 2019 Cuma

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

Sinnerman-Kellylee Evans.wmv

“Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.” 
― Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women


Marguerite Annie Johnson Angelou (April 4, 1928 to May 28, 2014), known as Maya Angelou, was an American author, actress, screenwriter, dancer, poet and civil rights activist best known for her 1969 memoir, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, which made literary history as the first nonfiction best-seller by an African-American woman. Angelou received several honors throughout her career, including two NAACP Image Awards in the outstanding literary work (nonfiction) category, in 2005 and 2009. 
for more pls read: https://www.biography.com/people/maya-angelou-9185388
photo: Maya Angelou in 1969. Credit Chester Higgins Jr.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

"La poesia appartiene a chi ne ha bisogno, non a chi la scrive." - Il Postino (1994) #worldpoetryday

  Ode to the sea Here surrounding the island, There΄s sea. But what sea? It΄s always overflowing. Says yes, Then no, Then no again, And no, ...