24 Nisan 2019 Çarşamba

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." -Sylvia Plath

Dear Students,
I am so proud of those who attended the class today and were brave enough to write down their confessions. And I am also thankful for your trust.
Please do not worry, they are going to be destroyed today in a decent way.


A wonderful way to connect with Plath's poetry is to hear her reading her own poems. In these video-clips you can hear her read fifteen poems from Ariel, her New England Brahmin vowels inflecting every line, drawing out internal rhymes and assonance, then clipping at caesuras like a well-bred horse’s trotting hooves and her haunting confessions. Please choose yours and enjoy.
for more pls visit: http://www.openculture.com/2013/05/hear_sylvia_plath_read_fifteen_poems_from_her_final_collection_ariel_in_1962_recording.html

















Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

"La poesia appartiene a chi ne ha bisogno, non a chi la scrive." - Il Postino (1994) #worldpoetryday

  Ode to the sea Here surrounding the island, There΄s sea. But what sea? It΄s always overflowing. Says yes, Then no, Then no again, And no, ...