7 Aralık 2018 Cuma

“When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.” ― James Tate


                                      Knockin' on Heaven's Door, (german movie), song Bob Dylan-Selig



A Knock On The Door 

They ask me if I've ever thought about the end of 
the world, and I say, "Come in, come in, let me 
give you some lunch, for God's sake." After a few 
bites it's the afterlife they want to talk about. 
"Ouch," I say, "did you see that grape leaf 
skeletonizer?" Then they're talking about 
redemption and the chosen few sitting right by 
His side. "Doing what?" I ask. "Just sitting?" I 
am surrounded by burned up zombies. "Let's 
have some lemon chiffon pie I bought yesterday 
at the 3 Dog Bakery." But they want to talk about 
my soul. I'm getting drowsy and see butterflies 
everywhere. "Would you gentlemen like to take a 
nap, I know I would." They stand and back away 
from me, out the door, walking toward my 
neighbors, a black cloud over their heads and 
they see nothing without end. ” 

― James Tate

in memory to James Tate, American poet (Pulitzer Prize 1992), born in Kansas City Missouri on December 7, 1943 (d. 2015)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

"La poesia appartiene a chi ne ha bisogno, non a chi la scrive." - Il Postino (1994) #worldpoetryday

  Ode to the sea Here surrounding the island, There΄s sea. But what sea? It΄s always overflowing. Says yes, Then no, Then no again, And no, ...