4 Aralık 2018 Salı

"I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world" - Rainer Maria Rilke


“I love the dark hours of my being.
My mind deepens into them.
There I can find, as in old letters,
the days of my life, already lived,
and held like a legend, and understood.” 
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Rilke's Book of Hours: Love Poems to God 

Rainer Maria Rilke – ahead of his time in life and death
On this day 4th December in 1875 the Bohemian Austrian poet Rainer Maria Rilke was born. Rilke travelled a lot through Europe and eventually settled in Paris; he was part of the amazing artistic maelstrom that existed there in the first decade of the 20th century.
His mystical and existential themes show him to be a modernist writer ahead of his time, but his poetry also contained great passion.

source:https://www.poetrychangeslives.com/rilke-ahead-of-his-time-in-life-and-death/

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Fall, rosy garlands, from my head!

  pic: Cathédrale Notre-Dame September, 1819 By  William Wordsworth Departing summer hath assumed An aspect tenderly illumed, The gentlest l...