21 Ekim 2019 Pazartesi

ACL 109 Mythology: She kissed him, but Adonis knew not that she kissed him as he died.




"You die. O thrice desired,
And my desire has flown like a dream.
Gone with you is the girdle of my beauty.
But I myself must live who am a goddess
And may not: follow you.
Kiss me yet once again, the last, long kiss,
Until I draw your soul within my lips
And drink down all your love."

The mountains all were calling and the oak trees answering,
Oh, woe, woe for Adonis. He is dead.
And Echo cried in answer, Oh, woe, woe for Adonis.
And all the Loves wept for him and all the Muses too. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Fall, rosy garlands, from my head!

  pic: Cathédrale Notre-Dame September, 1819 By  William Wordsworth Departing summer hath assumed An aspect tenderly illumed, The gentlest l...