9 Mart 2019 Cumartesi

HOW TO READ MORE POETRY

Dear Students,
I know that you are overloaded with reading a lot of text and how this turns into work than pleasure. Here are some tips to make you read more and how to enjoy poetry listed by Carina Pareira:

POETRY APPS
Poetry apps are one of the best tools ever invented. Not only do I get a new poem delivered to my phone every day, it comes with a notification, which means I won’t forget to have my small dose of daily poetry.

KEEP A BOOK BY YOUR BEDSIDE
Reading, in general, makes my brain turn off all of the hectic work of the day, so reading one poem before going to sleep is the perfect way to shut my brain off and help me relax. If you keep a book by your bedside you’ll be more likely to pick it up, and create a habit.
One poem a day, it’s all it takes to read at least 365 poems a year.

POETRY AUDIOBOOKS
Audiobooks are great for traveling around, either by car or public transport, so if you are trying to raise your poetry score, nothing better than keeping a poetry audiobook ready on your phone or mp3 player.

SPOTIFY
Nowadays, Spotify is much more than just a music platform, and you can find a lot of poetry and podcasts there. Button Poetry, for example, or the podcast VS are great sources of poetry that you can consume on the go, commuting to work, or at the gym.

POETRY PODCASTS
Podcasts are definitely the medium of modern times, and I love listening to them at work, when I’m doing chores and crafts, or when I need to kill time. Poetry podcasts are growing, and through them you can meet wonderful artists.

I would also suggest to keep a little poetry book in your bag. So you can open and read a while whenever you need: POETRY IN YOUR BAG
source: https://bookriot.com/2019/02/26/how-to-read-more-poetry/
photo: Walter Sanders, LIFE, 1957

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Fall, rosy garlands, from my head!

  pic: Cathédrale Notre-Dame September, 1819 By  William Wordsworth Departing summer hath assumed An aspect tenderly illumed, The gentlest l...