10 Aralık 2017 Pazar

Please print for class at 12.12.2017

When I Consider How My Light Is Spent

When I consider how my light is spent,
   Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
   And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
   My true account, lest He returning chide;
   “Doth God exact day-labor, light denied?”
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, “God doth not need
   Either man’s work or His own gifts. Who best
   Bear His mild yoke, they serve Him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at His bidding speed,
   And post o’er land and ocean without rest;
   They also serve who only stand and wait.”

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

"High on the vast blue canvas, clouds curl, float." - Pat Mora

  Jim Hodges, untitled, 2011                       Sommer                             Weißt du, wie der Sommer riecht? Nach Birnen und nach ...